One of the biggest nightmares a homeowner can go through is dealing with a drain backup or sump pump failure. Not only can this cause major damage to floors, walls, furniture, and electrical systems, but water backup can also cost you thousands of dollars to repair the damage and replace your belongings. In the unfortunate event of a drain overflow or broken sump pump, you don’t want to be left footing the bill. That’s where affordable water backup coverage from INW Insurance group can help.
Water backup occurs when water or water-borne materials back up into your home. This can come through sewers, drains, sump pumps, or related equipment. Water backup coverage can help your repair almost any damage from water moving from the ground up due to overflowing drains and sewers or broken sump pumps. Because coverage amounts vary, it’s important to consider electronics, furniture, and flooring materials that may need to be repaired or replaced while deciding on how much coverage you want.
How to Prevent Water Backups:
- Don’t pour cooking oil or grease down your drains. Dispose of cooled grease in your garbage can instead.
- Only flush toilet paper in your toilets.
- Consider replacing your sewer line with plastic pipe to prevent shrub and tree roots from making their way into cracks.
- Make sure your landscaping and irrigation systems are positioned so that water flows away from your home’s foundation.
- Always maintain your home’s gutters and downspouts, clearing out leaves and debris as well as repairing places that may be sagging.
- Consult a plumber to check your sump pump regularly and look for any pre-existing drainage system issues.
- Install a backwater prevention valve to prevent sewer backups.
- Buy a battery backup to keep your sump pump running when the power goes out, or buy a water-powered backup sump pump.
Water backup coverage doesn’t have to break the bank. Our team of knowledgeable agents at INW Insurance Group in Mesa, AZ, can provide you with more information about coverage costs, limits, and discounts. Give us a call at 480-626-0797 to receive a free quote and to learn more about water backup coverage and all the affordable ways we can help you protect your home, business, and personal property.