One of the biggest nightmares a homeowner can go through is dealing with a drain backup or sump pump failure. Not only can this cause major damage to floors, walls, furniture, and electrical systems, but water backup can also cost you thousands of dollars to repair the damage and replace your belongings. In the unfortunate event of a drain overflow or broken sump pump, you don’t want to be left footing the bill. That’s where affordable water backup coverage from INW Insurance group can help.
Water backup occurs when water or water-borne materials back up into your home. This can come through sewers, drains, sump pumps, or related equipment. Water backup coverage can help your repair almost any damage from water moving from the ground up due to overflowing drains and sewers or broken sump pumps. Because coverage amounts vary, it’s important to consider electronics, furniture, and flooring materials that may need to be repaired or replaced while deciding on how much coverage you want.
How to Prevent Water Backups:
- Don’t pour cooking oil or grease down your drains. Dispose of cooled grease in your garbage can instead.
- Only flush toilet paper in your toilets.
- Consider replacing your sewer line with plastic pipe to prevent shrub and tree roots from making their way into cracks.
- Make sure your landscaping and irrigation systems are positioned so that water flows away from your home’s foundation.
- Always maintain your home’s gutters and downspouts, clearing out leaves and debris as well as repairing places that may be sagging.
- Consult a plumber to check your sump pump regularly and look for any pre-existing drainage system issues.
- Install a backwater prevention valve to prevent sewer backups.
- Buy a battery backup to keep your sump pump running when the power goes out, or buy a water-powered backup sump pump.
Water backup coverage doesn’t have to break the bank. Our team of knowledgeable agents at INW Insurance Group in Mesa, AZ, can provide you with more information about coverage costs, limits, and discounts. Give us a call at 480-626-0797 to receive a free quote and to learn more about water backup coverage and all the affordable ways we can help you protect your home, business, and personal property.
An important part of owning a home is selecting the appropriate home insurance. This is especially important if you are financing your residence. Over the course of time, you may make improvements or additions to the home that make it necessary to change the amount of coverage you have on the home. So, you may be wondering if you can change your coverage amount before a policy expires?
Changing Your Coverage
If you decide to remodel or add a room to your home, then the value of your home will change and so will your policy needs. In most cases, you can easily edit your home insurance policy to reflect these changes. Before you purchase your policy, you should consult your agent about the proper procedure to change your policy should you need to before the policy needs to be renewed. They will tell you how to proceed so you don’t have gaps or lack of coverage. Usually, the process is simple and only takes a few minutes.
Quality Insurance Products
Make sure you choose quality insurance products from a reputable Insurance provider such as INW Insurance Group serving the people in an around the Mesa, AZ area. They can help you discover the options you need to have security and the right type of protection to prevent potential loss. Discuss your situation with a knowledgeable agent and find out how the process of increasing your home coverage works along with the proper procedures to follow to ensure continued coverage.
Always understand how your insurance coverage works and the steps necessary to change your coverage when the time comes. Let INW Insurance Group help you get the complete coverage necessary to give residents in and around the Mesa, AZ area peace of mind.
At INW Insurance Group, we recognize the importance of public employees and are proud to offer quality insurance discounts exclusively to this special group of people. More than just insurance, we are committed to providing our educators, law enforcement, and firefighters with unique benefits and exceptional customer care. It’s just one way we thank you for the hard work you do everyday.
If you are a public employee, you may qualify for significant discounts including:
- Law Enforcement Occupation Discount
- New Home Credit
- Neighborhood Crime Watch
To qualify for lower rates, benefits, and additional discounts, the named insured must be a current full-time public employee with a minimum of 30 hours per week on a permanent basis.
Educators and School Support Staff are defined as:
- Teaching Assistants/Aides
- Other comparable positions whose duties are primarily the education of children and college students
Law Enforcement Officers are defined as:
- Police Officers and Sheriffs
- FBI Agents, Secret Service Agents, Officers of the Department of Homeland Security and Border Patrol Enforcement Personnel
- Prison Guards, Probation or Pretrial Services Officers
- Other comparable positions whose duties are primarily the prevention or investigation of offenses against the criminal laws, apprehension or detention of individuals either suspected of, charged with, detained for, or convicted of offenses against the criminal law
Firefighters are defined as:
- Fire Inspectors or Investigators
- Fire Captains, Chiefs, or Lieutenants
- Other comparable positions whose duties are primarily responding to fire alarms, medical emergencies, and other calls to protect life and property
INW Insurance Group is proud to support those who support our Arizona communities. To request a no obligation quote or for more information about our insurance discounts for public employees, give us a call at 480-626-0797 or visit one of our insurance discount pages below.
Insurance Discounts for Educators
Insurance Discounts for Law Enforcement
Insurance Discounts for Firefighters